- The Navajo Nation is a food desert, with only 13 grocery stores on the 27,000 square mile reservation.
- American Indian and Alaska Natives have the highest rate of diabetes of any racial or ethnic group in the United States.
- As many as 42% of Native American homes lack electricity, and 38% do not have running water. In some areas of the Navajo Reservation a shocking 90% of the homes lack both services.
- Across the nation, 1 in 3 Native Americans live in poverty.
- While significant progress has been achieved in Native American education, the unemployment rate remains more than twice the national average.
- Native Americans are disproportionately impacted by ballot limitations designed to suppress their ability to vote.
- Suicide is the 9th leading cause of death among American Indians.
More informationTo learn more about our projects, don't hesitate to reach out to our dedicated team.